Friday, October 25, 2013

Whitley Poems

The following are pieces written by Whitley Gwisdalla.

As if I Died
You're always busy,
You're always occupied
I seem to no longer mean something
It's as if I died

You don't call me anymore
You don't say sorry
You practically kill me
And that's something you'll never see

This is getting too hard
I'm becoming too weak
I don't like the future
Because its now very bleak

I wait for your answer
But you act like you don't know
You see the response I'm after
You never give it to me, instead you let me go

I wish you'd change your mind
Come to me and be mine
But that's just a dream
And I'm out of time

I Can't Sleep
I can't sleep at night
Too many thoughts on my mind
I don't know which path is right
To me, you've not been kind

You don't think about me anymore
I can see it in your eyes
Your ability to lie is poor
The only quality of yours I despise

I wish I could believe your words
But I'm too smart for that
Even though they're as sweet as the song of mockingbirds
I see through your darkness like a cat

I try to climb free
But I'm in too deep
At the bottom of a hole, I can't see
And for you, my soul is what you'll keep


1 comment:

  1. Your poem affected life?! Yes, you can share your lovely poem and its great "after story" with the world... Submit now on LifePoemsProject.com

    ReplyDelete