Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Orion Lives!

 Hello everyone. This is your poet speaking. You may have noticed I haven't uploaded in awhile and frankly that's because I haven't been writing regularly. You see, COVID and the ensuing lockdowns have completely disrupted my routines and rhythm. As many of my fellow poets know this can be debilitating to the writing process. I'm also currently enrolled in school and working full-time. Turns out that eats up a lot of my time.

To my readers, thank you. I don't know who's still reading but thank you. To everyone that's seen me perform this drivel at Poetry Room, Artist's Umbrella, and various coffee shops around the mid-Michigan area, thank you. I'm always thinking of you even though I've entirely disappeared off the face of social media and the general scene. It unfortunately coincides with everything being shut down and my heart does break for all of you. I know how hard it's been on my mental state and feelings about writing, I can't imagine for those of you who organize events and live for sharing your poems. I love you all. I hope to someday see many of you again, be it on stage sharing with you or being amazed by your talent.

To poetry, I'm thinking of you. Always. You've been there for me for so long now. You've given me so much, it's time that I gave back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment