Sunday, August 18, 2013

Breakthrough

What once was a hobby is now a chore
You reached inside me and you stole
Right from my core you stole this chore
Backtrack to the days of wonder and galore
Fast-forward through the moments of bore
Now that you're gone
I want it back
The chore, the hobby, the grand show
Now lacking rhythm, the toe tapper, the hook
You fished it right from my grasp
You can call it passion
But all I want to do is create
Look up and on ahead to departed friends
And mark these now frail words:
I will take it back
What's mine is mine
What's your's is also mine
A collection of what makes us whole
The sun has set on your glow
All to be seen is a shadow
The shadow that you stole

1 comment:

  1. Your poem affected life?! Yes, you can share your lovely poem and its great "after story" with the world... Submit now on LifePoemsProject.com

    ReplyDelete