Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dear

Dear Tracy, I'm sorry for all I've done
I'm walking away once more
But this time it's for good
Dear Tracy, all I've done is run

Dear friend, never an honest word
I'm a liar sitting upon a fragile throne
The world I promised does not exist
Dear friend, I'm no longer concerned

Dear lover, I will never look into your eyes
All the contempt that they hold
These years have made me blind
Dear lover, don't look as it dies

Dear misery, we're no longer good company
You'll find riches elsewhere
Dancing to a brighter future
Dear misery, never move again so subtly

Dear friend, you won't be forgotten
The silver linings obscured by dirt
A sunrise through the forest
Dear friend, you are not so rotten

Dear lover, I have left my imprint
Wherever you lay your head now
Animals that laid at our feet
Dear lover, leave me among the lint

Dear misery, a cold front is approaching
Stay warm inside
You will be loved so soon
Dear misery, subdue the opposing

Dear friend, collection of tears we've cried
Moments to be cherished
Laughs we've shared
Dear friend, if I only I tried

Dear lover, a conscious intuition
Friends that could not co-exist
Parents to be dissolved
Dear lover, it's superstition

Dear misery, the words are easier now
The path gets clearer
The run isn't so exhausting
Dear misery, I don't know how

Dear Tracy, someday I will be sorry
There's vacancy in this heart
The truth is no longer freeing
Dear Tracy, a cloudy sky is still starry













1 comment:

  1. Your poem affected life?! Yes, you can share your lovely poem and its great "after story" with the world... Submit now on LifePoemsProject.com

    ReplyDelete